Create a small maze for your mealworms to investigate.
Choose a question to answer with your group.
Will big mealworms cover more distance than little mealworms?
Will a mealworm cover more distance in a closed or open maze?
Will a mealworm cover more distance as they become familar with the maze?
Hypothesis: I think _____________________________________________________
1. Build a small maze of cm blocks.
2. Put a mealworm at the beginning of the maze.
3. Use the clock to time the mealworm. Use 1 minute or 2 minutes.
4. At the end of the time, measure the distance in centimeters using the ruler.
5. Record the distance in the chart.
6. If using two mealworms, alternate the trials.
|Mealworm Distance Chart|